Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in the city caused by an electrical fault.
One fire engine from the Birstall & Western fire station was called out to Homemead Avenue, near Beaumont Leys Lane in Leicester, after reports of a house fire on the road at 9am on Saturday morning, May 29.
Upon arrival, they discovered the fire was in the kitchen at the address, and used one hose reel to put out the fire, as well as having to use two breathing apparatus.
On the report by the fire service, they confirmed that there were no casualties as a result of the fire, which was extinguished at 9.35am.
According to the report, 50 per cent of the utility room at the property was damaged by the fire, with smoke damage across the rest of the house.
The fire service believe that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
The incident from the fire service said: “We were called to a property on Homemead Avenue, Leicester, at 9am this morning.
“An appliance from the Birstall & Western Fire Station was called out to the incident, a kitchen fire in one of the properties on the road.
“One hose real and two breathing apparatus were used in response to the fire, which was put out by 9.35am.
Get LeicestershireLive news updates straight to your inbox – click here to sign up to our newsletter.
Alternatively, add your email address in the black sign-up box at the top of this page. It’s that easy!
“The believed cause is an electrical fire. Around 50 per cent of the house’s utility room was damaged in the fire, while there was smoke damage around the rest of the property.
“There were no casualties.”