Nearly 50 new Covid cases have been confirmed across the city and county today.
In total there were 49 new infections identified – 35 in Leicester and 14 spread across Leicestershire.
Numbers have been above 50 in recent updates and there were 60 cases earlier this week.
Three county areas – Blaby, Charnwood and North West Leicestershire – had zero new cases recorded.
In Harborough, where there have been concerns about a small spike, there were five new cases for the second day in a row.
Hinckley and Bosworth added three cases while Melton’s overall toll increased by four.
There were two new cases in Oadby and Wigston.
The new cases, updated today at 4pm, mean that the total number of cases across the city and county since the start of the pandemic area by area are :
- Leicester: 36,976
- Blaby: 7,117
- Charnwood: 12,579
- Harborough: 5,186
- Hinckley and Bosworth: 6,199
- Melton: 2,735
- North West Leicestershire: 6,114
- Oadby and Wigston: 4,984
Want the latest on what’s happening with coronavirus? Get a free daily bulletin – plus breaking news alerts direct to your inbox.
Just sign up to our email newsletter service – all you need to do is type in your email address above.
It’s at the top of this article. Click ‘subscribe’ and you can expect your first newsletter at the next release.
Alternatively, click here to sign up online.
The latest seven-day infection rates, area by area, are:
- Leicester: 37.3 cases per 100,000 (132 cases in the last seven days)
- Blaby: 24.6 cases per 100,000 (25)
- Charnwood: 12.9 cases per 100,000 (14)
- Harborough: 43.7 cases per 100,000 (41)
- Hinckley and Bosworth: 24.7 cases per 100,000 (28)
- Melton: 29.3 cases per 100,000 (15)
- North West Leicestershire: 11.6 cases per 100,000 (12)
- Oadby and Wigston: 17.5 cases per 100,000 (10)
LeicestershireLive uses the gov.uk daily dashboard to track and report local cases and rates.
For the latest local coronavirus news, click here.