Christian Benteke’s agent has spoken out regarding the striker’s rumoured move to West Bromwich Albion.
The former Aston Villa man was linked with a transfer from Crystal Palace to The Hawthorns earlier in this transfer window.
Baggies boss Sam Allardyce has today confirmed he would be interested in the 30-year-old if he became available.
However, Benteke’s agent Kismet Eris has been speaking to the Belgian media and has played down the speculation.
In an interview with RTBF, via Sport Witness, Benteke claims to be happy at Selhurst Park, even if goals have been hard to come by.
Eris said: “This morning again, just before training, I spoke to Christian. He confirmed to me that he had not had any contact with West Brom, or any other club and that Palace had not spoken to him about anything either.
“Above all, Christian said to me ‘Kismet, I am very good here, I play regularly, I am not afraid of competition. I want to stay at Palace’.
“He was very clear. haven’t received any requests from West Brom or whatever, and I’m sure Palace hasn’t received any either, otherwise they would have warned me.
“I rather think the club are hoping to get Christian to sign a contract extension, who will be free in June.
“I believe the West Brom rumour comes from Sam Allardyce , the manager of the team who, during a conversation would have said that a profile like Benteke’s would please him.”
Certainly Allardyce has been answering questions about Benteke, saying in Monday’s pre-Manchester City press conference.
Why should you sign up?
In our daily Baggies bulletin, we’ll be bringing you the latest breaking news, transfer features and comment pieces, as well as the key talking points for fans.
How do you sign up?
It’s easy and only takes seconds.
Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit sign up.
And that’s it, you’re all set. You can also sign up here.
If you decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails, simply follow the unsubscribe link in one of the newsletters – but we don’t think you’ll want to.
And what’s more, it’s absolutely free!
You can also get all the latest updates by following us on social media here Facebook and Twitter.
We also have a free app which you can download. It is always up-to-date with the latest news from across the region. Google Play Store and App Store
“All players if available – I’m not sure whether he is available, that’s down to the head of recruitment and Luke [Dowling, sporting director] – if they came to me and said Christian is available at Crystal Palace, I’m not sure that’s the case at the moment, I think everybody would like to keep hold of their strikers, particularly in the Premier League.
“I couldn’t enlighten you at this moment. If he’s available I’d be interested, because we all know I’m looking for a front-man if at all possible, but I’ve not been given any indication by Luke or Ian that is the case.
“We’ve had many other players on the radar, many abroad, but we’ve not been able to secure that particular player yet.”