Airline and tour operator Jet2 has added an extra 400 flights from Birmingham Airport in response to customer demand for Summer 2022 trips.
It has also added eight additional city break destinations including a new route to Paris, as well as services to Amsterdam, Barcelona, Budapest, Rome, Krakow, Prague and Venice.
Jet2 also announced a second new French harbour destination at La Rochelle following additions of Portuguese capital Lisbon, in recent weeks.
As a result of this expansion, Jet2.com and Jet2holidays now has 52 sun and city destinations on sale from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22.
Since announcing its Summer 22 programme just two weeks ago, Jet2 has reported strong demand from customers looking to get away.
The company has been quick to respond and announced additional flights, representing thousands of additional seats to a total of 24 destinations in total: Tenerife, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Malaga, Alicante, Reus, Palma (Majorca), Ibiza, Menorca, Faro, Madeira, Antalya, Bodrum, Dalaman, Corfu, Halkidiki, Kefalonia, Kos, Preveza, Rhodes, Paphos, Malta, Dubrovnik and Jersey.
Highlights from Birmingham Airport for Summer 22 with Jet2.com, Jet2holidays and Jet2CityBreaks includes:
City Break destinations
- Paris – two weekly services operating from June 30 until October 27.
- Amsterdam – two weekly services operating from April 29 until October 28.
- Barcelona – two weekly services operating from March 27 until October 27.
- Budapest – two weekly services operating from April 29 until October 28.
- Rome – up to four weekly services operating from April 28 until October 28.
- Krakow – two weekly services operating from April 29 until October 28.
- Prague – two weekly services operating from April 29 until October 28.
- Venice – two weekly services operating from April 28 until October 23.
In addition there are services to:
- La Rochelle – weekly services operating from May 28 until September 17.
- Turkey – over 25 weekly services to four Turkish hotspots. This includes Antalya (up to ten weekly services), Bodrum (up to four weekly services), Dalaman (up to 11 weekly services) and Izmir (up to two weekly services).
- Canary Islands – More 30 weekly services in total. This includes up to 13 weekly services to Tenerife, up to nine weekly services to Lanzarote, and up to five weekly services to both Fuerteventura and Gran Canaria, offering unrivalled choice.
- Mainland Spain – including Barcelona, there are almost 30 weekly services during peak periods, with six destinations in Mainland Spain to choose from. This includes Reus (up to three weekly services), Alicante (up to ten weekly services), Malaga (up to ten weekly services), Girona (up to two weekly services) and Costa de Almeria (up to two weekly services).
- Balearic Islands – great choice and flexibility to Palma (Majorca) (up to 17 weekly services), Ibiza (up to ten weekly services) and Menorca (up to five weekly services).
- Portugal – plenty of choice with up to 11 weekly services to Faro (Algarve) and weekly services to the Portuguese island of Madeira. This is in addition to Lisbon, with twice-weekly services available in Summer 22.
- Greece – fantastic choice of 12 Greek destinations, with over 35 weekly flights operating during peak periods. Customers have plenty of opportunity to enjoy some Greek sunshine, whether that’s in Crete (Heraklion) (up six weekly services), Crete (Chania) (weekly services), Corfu (up to six weekly services), Kefalonia (up to two weekly services), Skiathos (up to twice weekly services), Santorini (up to two weekly services), Kos (up to four weekly services), Kalamata (weekly services), Preveza (up to two weekly services), Rhodes (up to six weekly services), Halkidiki (weekly services) or Zante (up to five weekly services).
- Cyprus – continued popularity means up to five weekly services to Larnaca and Paphos.
- Italy – up to two weekly services to Naples, Pisa and Verona.
- Bourgas (Bulgaria) – up to two weekly services operating to the Balkan sunshine.
- Croatia – up to six flights a week to Croatia, including services to Dubrovnik (up to three weekly services), Pula (weekly services) and Split (up to two weekly services).
- Malta – up to two weekly services to Malta operating during Summer 22.
- France – weekly services to Bergerac.
- Jersey – increased to two weekly services, following the recent launch of flights and holidays for Summer 21.
Steve Heapy, chief executive of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays, said: “We know there is a lot of pent up demand, and since putting our Summer 22 programme on sale we have been very encouraged by the number of bookings coming through.
“We are delighted to be adding a host of city break options as well as two brand new destinations in France, Paris and La Rochelle.”
Tom Screen, aviation director of Birmingham Airport added: “Jet2.com and Jet2holidays have again listened and reacted to our customers needs. We know many of our customers have missed out on their traditional family and friend getaways and are greatly in need to plan their next holiday.
“It is great to welcome back a direct service to La Rochelle after a gap of nearly a year, and see extra capacity to Nice from Birmingham.
“With an amazing 52 places to visit, including the newly added Paris and La Rochelle, direct from Birmingham Airport customers are spoilt for choice for holiday destinations.”