It’s going to be a quiet New Year’s Eve at home for the vast majority of us as Tier 4 reality kicks in.
The Stay at Home message means no pubs, bars or restaurants will be admitting customers and there is no household mixing allowed, apart from support and childcare bubbles.
Here at Gloucestershire Live, we thought we would do a bit to relieve the monotony by pulling together some testing quiz questions.
They are ideal for trying on your own or with anyone else in your household bubble.
From all of us, we hope 2021 is better than 2020.
Answers will be below the huge Doctor Who picture.
1. Two actors who play The Doctor have filmed scenes in Gloucester since the series came back in 2005. Who were they?
2. Hit BBC comedy show This Country is filmed in which Cotwolds town?
3. Which former Bond actress and Strictly Come Dancing contestant lived in Cheltenham?
4. Daisy May Cooper, the Cirencester actress and writer, starred in a HBO comedy set in space. What was it called?
5. Gloucestershire actor Craig Parkinson played DI Matthew ‘Dot’ Cottan in Jed Mercurio’s drama Line of Duty. What was Dot’s nickname in the criminal underworld?
6. Pop star Lily Allen, who used to live in Cranham, recently got married in Las Vegas to David Harbour. What was unusual about the person conducting the ceremony?
7. BBC programme Countryfile is one of the channel’s big rating hits. Which of the regular presenters has a farm in the Cotswolds that is open to the public?
8. Which Netflix show starring Gillian Anderson is filmed in the Wye Valley, Forest of Dean and in south Wales?
9. Series two of Killing Eve had a scene set in the Forest of Dean. But was it really filmed there?
10. Movie blockbuster franchise Star Wars came to Puzzlewood in the Forest of Dean to shoot scenes for which film in the series?
11. Tetbury woman Lesley Brain starred in the eighth series of Big Brother and holds a ‘house’ record. What is it?
12. Which Friends actor starred in a Sky comedy set at GCHQ in Cheltenham and what was the series called?
13. Which Doctor Who enemy crashed into GCHQ during a festive episode?
14. His Dark Materials, the BBC and HBO fantasy series, has scenes filmed in Gloucestershire, along the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal and at Puzzlewood in the Forest of Dean. Among its stars is Lin-Manuel Miranda who is behind which hit musical?
15. What is the name of the Amazon Prime historical TV series that was filming last autumn at Gloucester Cathedral. It navigates the royal lineage of England.
16. DIY SOS had a special Bafta celebration last November to mark what anniversary of the show?
17. An Amazon Prime movie starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones had scenes filmed in the skies over Gloucestershire. What was the film called?
18. Film crews descended on Bisley, near Stroud, to film an adaptation of which Agatha Christie novel for broadcast last Christmas?
19. The novel The Mirror and the Light is the third part in Hilary Mantel’s trilogy about Thomas Cromwell and the first two – Wolf Hall and Bring Up The Bodies – were filmed as Wolf Hall for the BBC. Scenes were shot at Berkeley Castle. Who starred as Cromwell?
20. Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Mark Gatiss and Amanda Abington attracted a large crowd to Gloucester Cathedral for filming of Sherlock. Which actor played the Great Detective’s arch nemesis, Moriarty?
21. Which sitcom featuring David Mitchell and Robert Webb was filmed around Stroud?
22. Dark US sitcom Succession had the final episodes of its first series filmed across the border at Eastnor Castle in Herefordshire. It centres around the children of media mogul Logan Roy and his competing children. Where in Gloucestershire do the children say they spent part of their childhood?
23. What was the name of the series, based on a book by JK Rowling, that was filmed in Painswick, Bisley, Paganhill, Stroud, Minchinhampton and Northleach?
24. Gloucester has four twin towns, what are they?
25. Cheltenham has five, what are they?
26. What Gloucestershire products have DOP status?
27. Cheltenham’s Eric Dier left the shire to live in Portugal when he was a small boy, but what was the first club he signed for out there?
28. True or false – Cheltenham Racecourse used to be on the top of Cleeve Hill
29. One school only is represented in the parade past the cenotaph in London. It is from Gloucestershire. Which one is it?
30. Which Beatles song mentions Gloucester? (Not a lyric it’s part of a radio broadcast of King Lear within the song)
31. Where in Gloucestershire did the Beatles play one of their first gigs with Ringo
32. In 1962 the Beatles were back in Gloucestershire for two gigs, where were they?
33. Which former Echo reporter supposedly came up with the phrase Beatlemania
34. Gloucester City AFC new ground finally opened and then two months later welcomed fans back. What is the ground called?
35. The last remaining Pizza Hut restaurant in Gloucestershire closed earlier this month. Where was it located?
36. What does GCHQ stand for?
37. Rainn Wilson, who plays Dwight Schrute in the American version of The Office, narrated a Netflix documentary on which unusual Gloucestershire annual event?
38. there is secret ‘M96 motorway’ in Gloucestershire. Where is it?
39. What junction of the M5 joins with the A40 Golden Valley Bypass?
40. What store is moving into the old BHS in Eastgate Street, Gloucester?
41. How did Gloucester, Tewkesbury, Stroud, Forest of Dean, the Cotswold vote in the EU Referendum?
To get news straight to your inbox, click here
1. David Tennant for the 2008 special The Next Doctor and Jodie Whittaker for series 12 episode, Fugitive of the Judoon.
3. Fiona Fullerton
4. Avenue 5
5. The Caddy
6. He was an Elvis impersonator
7. Adam Henson
8. Sex Education
10: The Force Awakens
11: She was the oldest housemate
12. David Schwimmer, Intelligence.
13. A Dalek
15. The Spanish Princess
16: The 20th anniversary
17: The Aeronauts
18: The Pale Horse
19: Mark Rylance
20: Andrew Scott
23: The Casual Vacancy
24. Metz, Gouda, Trier, St Ann
25. Gottingen, Sochi, Weihai, Annecy, Cheltenham USA
26. Gloucestershire Old Spot pork, Single Gloucester cheese, Gloucestershire cider/ perry
27. Sporting Clube de Portugal / Sporting CP
29. The Crypt
30. I am the Walrus
32. Stroud Sub Rooms / Lydney Town Hall
33. Derek Goddard
34. Meadow Park
35. Eastern Avenue, Gloucester
36. Government Communications Headquarters
38. Fire Service College in Moreton-in-Marsh in the Cotswolds and is used to train the emergency services
39. Junction 11
41. Remain: Cheltenham, Stroud, Cotswolds. Leave: Tewkesbury, Forest of Dean, Cotswolds