Spice Girls, Oasis vs Blur, Backstreet Boys and Pulp – the 90s was quite the decade for music.
From Britpop, to cheesy pop, who doesn’t love it? I challenge you to try and not sing into a hairbrush to Britney Spears.
No quiz – virtual or physical, now social distancing has been relaxed – will be complete without a 90s music round. So Coventry Live have put together 20 questions to put your knowledge to the test.
Whether you’re a Scary Spice or Baby Spice, or had posters of Robbie Williams on your bedroom wall, this quiz is perfect for millennials who grew up in the era. Ready?
1. What’s the name of Britney Spears’ first single, released in 1998?
2. What is the name of the first album by Oasis?
3. In which year of the nineties did Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain die?
4. How many members were in the Backstreet Boys?
5. Mike Skinner is the frontman of which Birmingham garage band?
6. Which rapper had a 1995 number one single with Gangsta’s Paradise?
7. Name all five members of the Spice Girls?
You can get your Coventry and Warwickshire news straight to your email inbox – and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is sign up here.
The emails come out twice a day, at lunchtime and in the evening, with the latest news, what’s on and sport from across Coventry and Warwickshire.
8. Nicole, Natalie, Shaznay and Melanie were the members of which 90s girl band?
9. Which pop legends teamed up to release ‘Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me’ in 1991?
10. What nationality is ‘Boombastic’ rapper Shaggy?
11. Which group won the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest for Great Britain with the song ‘Love Shine a Light’?
12. What was the name of Eminem’s first UK single in 1999?
13. Which former Take That member has as many number one’s as Elvis Presley?
14. In 1990 the England football team collaborated with which band to release the UK chart topping song World in Motion?
15. Which UK city are the Stone Roses from?
16. How many Brit Awards has Blur won in their entire career?
17. Which band was Noel Gallagher the sound technician for before Oasis formed?
18. What band was Gwen Stefani the lead singer of before she became a solo artist?
19. Which singer crashed Michael Jackson’s performance at the Brit Awards in 1996?
20. Underworld’s ‘ Born Slippy is known for closing which 90s film?
1. Baby One More Time
2. Definitely, Maybe
4. Five. Nick Carter, Kevin Richardson, Brian Littrell, AJ McLean, Howie Dorough
5. The Streets
7. Mel B – Scary Spice, Mel C – Sporty Spice, Emma Bunton – Baby Spice, Geri Halliwell – Ginger Spice and Victoria Beckham – Posh Spice
8. All Saints
9. George Michael and Elton John
11. Katrina and the Waves
12. My Name Is
13. Robbie Williams
14. New Order
17. Inspiral Carpets
18. No Doubt
19. Jarvis Cocker