Visitors at one of Britain’s most popular theme parks were said to have been locked down tonight after a reported stabbing.
Families said they were told to stay inside Thorpe Park in Surrey while the resort confirmed one guest had been “seriously injured” by another.
The attraction said its on-site medical staff provided emergency first aid after the incident on Saturday.
The victim was understood to be male and was in hospital with non life-threatening injuries.
Ride-goers were locked down inside the resort while police attended the scene, with pictures on social media showing crowds bunched up inside the park.
The incident was not currently being treated as terror-related, it is understood.
Visitor Tony Stone told SurreyLive he was at Thorpe Park with his children, who had been shaken by the incident.
Mr Stone said: “I’m here with my children who are very concerned and upset.
“We could see paramedics working on someone on the bridge. We have been told to come back in the park.”
Thorpe Park said in a statement: “On July 18, 2020, an incident took place at the Thorpe Park Resort where a guest was seriously injured by another guest.
“The Resort’s security team and fully trained medical staff were at the scene within minutes and administered immediate care until emergency services teams arrived.
“The police were alerted immediately and the Resort is co-operating fully with their investigations.”