What’s your general knowledge like? Well, lets put it to the test.
CoventryLive has come up with 25 general knowledge quiz questions to pass the time or help you with your family quiz.
Geography, history, current affairs, TV and politics are among the subjects it covers.
The answers are below- it might help you out if you are taking part in a quiz over a conference call.
It might just be that you want to have a go – if so, let us know how you got on at the CoventryLive Facebook page.
1) Which public inquiry held throughout 2011 and 2012 examined the ethics of the British press following the phone hacking scandal?
2) What is the capital of Venezuela?
3) Which political leader was elected President of South Africa in 1994?
4) What character did Shane Richie play in Eastenders?
5) Which ‘A’ is a soft gypsum stone, commonly used for carving and decorative pieces?
You can get your Coventry and Warwickshire news straight to your email inbox – and it’s FREE!
All you need to do is sign up here.
The emails come out twice a day, at lunchtime and in the evening, with the latest news, what’s on and sport from across Coventry and Warwickshire.
6) Who is known as the Money Saving Expert?
7) Which British king abdicated in favour of his brother George VI?
8) What is the biggest US state by area?
9) Which communist politician became premier of Romania in 1965, serving until his execution in 1989?
10) Which cyclist became the first Briton to win the Tour de France race in 2012?
11) Which is the only vowel not used as the first letter in a US State?
12) What did the Romans call Scotland?
13) What are the five colours of the Olympic rings?
14) What is the largest country in the world by area?
15) Who was made Lord Mayor of London In 1397, 1398, 1406 And 1419?
16) In football, which team has won the Champions League (formerly the European Cup) the most?
17) In what English region would you find the River Soar?
18) What was Marilyn Monroe’s real name?
19) How many players are there in a rugby league team?
20) What is the hottest continent on Earth?
21) Which singer known for the songs ‘My Way’ and ‘New York, New York’ died in 1998?
22) Who plays Eve in Killing Eve?
23) What is the longest river in the world?
24) Which horse is the only three-time winner of the Grand National?
25) Who is the voice of Mufasa in the Lion King?
1) Leveson Inquiry
3) Nelson Mandela
4) Alfie Moon
6) Martin Lewis
7) Edward VIII
9) Nicolae Ceausescu
10) Bradley Wiggins
13) Blue, yellow, black, green and red
15) Richard (Dick) Whittington
16) Real Madrid (13)
17) East Midlands
18) Norma Jeane Mortenson
21) Frank Sinatra
22) Sandra Oh
23) River Nile
24) Red Rum
25) James Earl Jones